Monday 14 May 2012

Modest To Impress - Hijab Scarf

Modest To Impress - Hijab ScarfModest To Impress - Hijab ScarfModest To Impress - Hijab ScarfTranscending by Monika Jufry

These dresses are made by order with handmade ornaments. Each is crafted from the finest fabrics such as taffeta lace, tulle, georgette, satin, and silk which is creating a soft romantic look but also lavish. As you can see the simple drapery details (as my personal favourites so far), looks nice because you can make a lace fabric into a gorgeous bridesmaid uniform just like this.

Here is a short interview with Mrs. Monika Jufry, special for HijabScarf.
1. When and how do you start fashiom muslim industry?
I joined fashion industry in 1998. However, I am familiar with this industry ever since I was a kid. My mom used to run a business in it. It started when Indonesia had a crisis. I had just finished my college and finding a job back then was quite hard. Then, I went to Susan Buhardjo to have a fashion course. I started as her assistant at first, and then later joined APPMI (Asosiasi Perancang dan Pengusaha Mode Indonesia); a Fashion Designer Entrepreneur Asosiation in Indonesia. Then, I have my own line and help Sessa line.
*Sessa line is another line run by Monika Jufry

2. What do you think about hijabi women in Indonesia?
Alhamdulillah, I am happy seeing many Indonesian women with hijab. Hijabi woman in Indonesia are getting more comfortable, confidence and stylish in many kind of professions. However, the most important thing is I hope many Indonesian women with hijabi are having a stronger faith in Allah and willing to remain their self better.

3. Some people say fashion cannot run in line with the principal of modesty. Being fashionable is all about high expenses, meanwhile Islam teach us to be modest and humble. What do you think about this?
In my humble opinion, the most important thing is never enforce yourself beyond your ability. Fashion and modesty should run in line, You dont need to spend a fortune to look fashionable. Here is where creativity is needed.

4. What do you think about Muslim fashion design in Indonesia compare to other countries?
Moslem fashion in Indonesia is very various in terms of style, cutting, garment, and details. Since Indonesia is a rich cultural country, we will have abundance of things to explore. Besides, Indonesian women have a strong demand to be stylish therefore it develop the Moslem fashion Industry.

5. Tell me about your last fashion show. I heard Trancending is inspired from Avatar the animation. How do you get the inspiration actually?
Transcending is the theme for Sessa’s and Monika Jufry’s line. It means a journey to be mature and established both brand in order to become a well-known and accepted brand, especially for muslim fashion industry. Sessa is a ready to wear line while Monika Jufry is a private order inspired by Avatar the animation. When you see drapery from clothes in Avatar, I found that the play between the power and the romanticism from the Kung-fu style very interesting. I think we can find inspiration anywhere, such as from movie, magazine, browsing etc.

6. Any word for sister who plan to wear hijab?
Remind yourself that wearing hijab comes by the grace of Allah SWT, hence InsyaAllah we will become stronger, facing any doubt.


Digital Imaging : Mrs. Fifi Alvianto
Not allowed to copy & paste photos.
Copyright of HijabScarf Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment