Sunday 13 May 2012

Interview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab Scarf

Add caption
Interview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfInterview with Ms. Fanie Maulida - Hijab ScarfMs. Fanie Maulida, 25 years old.
Working as a reporter on a local music magazine Trax.


1. When did you start wearing hijab?
My highschool in Aceh obligates the students to wear hijab. Then I moved to Jakarta not wearing hijab because I didn’t feel like ready at that time. October 2007 I went home to Aceh and wore hijab. Ever since that moment I continue to wear hijab in Jakarta. Insya Allah for all time.

2. Who motivate you?
My parents suggest me to wear hijab. However I believe every muslimahs are obliged to cover the awrah. My heart told me to do so. So I have no pressure from outside.

3. Beside clothes, what other thing that has changed your life?
People have different point of view on me after wearing hijab. I carry social responsibilities that people expect from women with headscarf. I try to be soft spoken, well behavior and of course to be more devoted with God.

4. What difficulties that you encounter after wearing hijab?
I used to wear simple jeans and shirt. Now, I enjoy wearing layers. But it is not easy when I have to work outside. So I managed to adjust my clothes with my activities.

5. Any habit that you stop doing ever since wearing hijab?
No. Except that I have to be more devoted. I will continue to learn to control my self and to be more grateful.

6. What advantages do you feel after wearing hijab?
It is a benefit to control my bad hair day. I also get respect from people around me. The least I can get is when strangers ask "Asalamuaikum hajjah". I take it as a pray.

7. What is your hijab style?
I wear regular hijab with a square scarf. I never have the guts to chance my daily hijab. Always feel that it doesn't fit my face. The least I can do is putting headband over my headscarf.

8. Where do you buy clothes and hijabs?
I go to Tamita store at Kuningan Trade Centre to buy good quality of scarfs. I buy clothes from everywhere that catch my attention.

9. Favorite brand?
Clothes: Topshop, Zara, Miss Selfridge, Supre.
Shoes: Melissa dan Zara

10. Any particular clothes/style/material or anything that you avoid to wear?
I try to cover my head and to wear my clothes properly by not showing any part of my leg or my hand or even some of my hair. Because if I don't, what is the point of wearing hijabs?

11. Have you ever think to take the hijab off?
That thought will always be around my head but I try to be positive and avoid the thought.

12. Any experience regarding hijab?
I like going to the concerts even when it’s held on the club where none hijabers around. I often get those “look”. Well, as long as I go there only to enjoy the music I don’t really bother other people thoughts. You've gotta fight for your right to have some fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment